I can not explain how good of a time I had in Puerto Rico, but I’m going to attempt it. Now I know your first thought, is it okay in Puerto Rico? My answer, definitely. The island is very much intact. The only thing you’ll see is some houses near the shoreline that are a bit scrappy. The major cities are completely okay and spending your tourist dollars can definitely help in boosting the economy. We stayed in an Airbnb right in the middle of Old San Juan and boy was it perfect. It was a penthouse right by all the best bars and restaurants with an amazing patio. You can check it out here. (Use my link for $40 off if you’re new to Airbnb)
We spent most of our time going to beaches and eating amazing food. The first beach was like our own private beach called Playa Pena Beach. Granted it was a Monday and one of the rockier beaches, but who wouldn’t want their own beach? The second beach we went to was Condado, which was perfect for a late afternoon session. So many fun kitesurfers on that beach, there must have been 30 of them just flipping around in the air.
On to the food, we had so many great restaurants and bars to choose from, but here is a quick list for you:
- La Madre – Amazing spot for brunch with outdoor seating
- Marmalade – Amazing dinner spot , definitely on the $$$-side, but you must try their Foie Gras when you go
- Princesa Gastrobar – Such good seafood, their tuna was absolutely stellar
- La Taberna Lupulo – Amazing spot for some good bar food and beers (surprisingly had a lot of MI beers there ;))
- Punto de Vista Rooftop Restaurant – Have an amazing rooftop to dine at
- La Factoria – The best speakeasy that you need to go to. The salsa is fire and there are so many rooms to explore.
Old San Juan is so beautiful and the buildings are so so pretty. So many gorgeous colors and way more laid back than New York, it was an extremely fun getaway. It definitely was relatively cheap too, the flight was $250 and the Airbnb was $685 for 5 days (Here is the $40 off link again). I’d say definitely a great steal for a relaxation trip out of the city. Stay tuned for some more outfit posts from the trip.